Senior Public Relations Manager
IOCOM is a fast-growing tech company on a mission: to help healthcare teams reenvision and redesign how they work together to deliver care. A member of the 2019 Digital Health London cohort and a recent graduate of the Telefonica new startup program, our advanced video collaboration technology has been tested and adopted within the NHS and around the globe, and we are now poised to scale both our business and our team.
IOCOM is seeking an experienced and ambitious Senior PR Manager for our central London office. Reporting to the CMO, the successful candidate will build and grow our PR function, serving as chief advocate and storyteller for our media, investor and government relations audiences, and leading the creation and execution of winning communications strategies. This position will partner with internal and external stakeholders, overseeing cross-functional partnerships and agency relationships. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 8-10 years’ of successful PR and content development experience, excellent writing skills, and strong strategic thinking and leadership skills. She/he will also have excellent interpersonal and communication capabilities, and the ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-moving environment.
- Establish and grow a full-service PR function, building out the team and agency roster over time, initially in the UK, but also managing activities in the US and EMEA.
- Develop PR strategy, messaging and tactical plans to differentiate and position IOCOM across healthcare and technology sectors. Deliver innovative communications platforms that effectively drive our narrative and deliver top-tier ROI-driven press coverage.
- Represent IOCOM at a leadership level both internally and externally.
- Create long-form content including press releases, bylines, thought leadership interview pieces, blog posts, case studies, white papers and reports. In collaboration with marketing team, develop content strategy - and content - for website and social media.
- Lead external PR agency relationships, oversee press office activities, and build and leverage strong relationships with editors, beat journalists, bloggers and influencers.
- Collaborate with strategic partners to build programs that maximize our exposure and coverage.
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and our presence at conferences and events. Draft press and brief and manage spokespersons.
- Secure strategic speaking opportunities, preparing speaker briefing and presentation materials.
- 8-10 years’ experience in communications or public relations, at a leadership level, with experience working for an agency and/or managing agencies.
- Strong experience and understanding of b2b and tech marketing landscapes. Healthcare sector or other public sector experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience working with business and opinion leaders to achieve communications goals.
- Proven ability to engage and manage senior stakeholders.
- Team player with exceptional project management and decision-making skills.
- Impeccable interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-driven, and comfortable with ambiguity and change. Thrives working within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
** No Recruitment Agency support required at this time **
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply